Use case on aircraft leasing business demonstrates how this breakthrough technology reduces delays, errors, frauds, silos between different activities and increases automation and trust thanks to the implementation of smart contracts, data integrity and its distributed nature.
The idea that each aircraft serial number could have from the outset one permissioned blockchain atteched to it, makes sense as:
- it is an asset that has a complex lifecycle of up to 50 years,
- with often different owners,
- it requires considerable paperwork, documentation and sign off,
- it has changing configurations,
- it has maintenance requirements,
- it is highly connected and performing numberous types of “transactions” involving authorities, airports, OEM, suppliers other aircraft, crews, users, etc…
Its adoption is one of the way forward in dealing with the post COVID-19 crisis with reduced physical interaction throughout the operations chain of aircraft.
AMN Group is initiating the terms of reference for a working group on this specific subject to be discussed within the industry.
Abdoulaye Mady NDIAYE, AMN Industies CEO